Recovery of money as relation broken after engagement

I have searched a govt. Service boy for marriage purpose for my Sister. I met to his family and after meeting both are agreed for Engagement. The engagement done in a banquet hall on 01-11-2017. After few days of Engagement the groom and his family has break-off the engagement with the reason that The girl is not matching with my boy. Even all the family with boy met to my sister and after proper satisfaction they have agreed for Engagement. Sir I have expended more than one lakhs rupees in engagement because it was done in a costly banquet hall.I have tried lots of time to groom side to bear my lost of money but they didn't agreed for that. Sir please suggest me can I claim a file in court for the loss of my money ?

Technically no.... If there is any demand of dowry raised by the grooms for cancellation of marriage, you can sue them for it which may result in settlement of disputes outside the court. Consult an good Legal practitioner for the same.

Venerated Sir,
As per the law you have no right to claim payment of engagement from groom side but you have right make a case of divorce before police station. When they will settle your then then claim payment of banquets hall. Feel free to call me.

DEAR SIR
SO SORRY TO KNOW THAT ENGAGEMENT OF YOUR SISTER JUST BREAK DOWN WITHOUT ANY REASONABLE GROUND.
NOW QUESTION ARISES CSN YOU RECOVER THIS MONEY OR NOT AND THE ANSWER IS YES YOU CAN RECOVET THE MONEY BUT YOU HAVE TO FILE A CASE AGAINST THOSE PERSON TJEN ONLY YOY MAY RECOVER THE MONEY AND FOR THIS PURPOSE THERE IS PROVISION IN THE LAW.