Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure to recover outstanding dues from the client

What is the legal procedure to recover the outstanding dues from the client who is not paying us for our services

Answers (3)

Dear client,
If you have your client chaques then go though the section 138 case. If you don't have then go though civil suit or summary suit for recovery of your amount. Civil suit is time consuming process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Querist
First thing is to send across a legal notice to your client, who has not paid outstanding dues due to you. You can give him a time of say around 10 to 15 days in your notice to clear the dues and thereafter if he fails to pay your dues, you can further initiate recovery suit against him for recovery of money due to you.
In case if the amount due to you and recoverable by you is substantial ans your client is working as Company (Pvt Ltd or Ltd), then you can also initiate Insolvency proceedings against your client. For initiating Insolvency proceedings you will have to send a Demand Notice to your client along with all the invoices and ask him to pay the amount due to you within a period of 10 days. Thereafter you can initiate Insolvency Proceedings against him before National Company Law Tribunal.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience

Hi. If the outstanding payment is admitted by your client and if he has defaulted in payment then you can file a summary suit which as the name suggests is quicker in terms of resolution as compared to a regular suit for recovery. Secondly if the client had issued you any cheque towards your services and the cheque when deposited for encashment has bounced then you can prefer a criminal complaint under s.138 of negotiable Instruments act. Thirdly the insolvency code recently implemented may also be checked for any possible relief. I will need more details for better advise. Thanx

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

Boss started threatening me he had few of his friends there and i was alone.He never gave me the appointment letter i kept asking him since i had join…

Read More

what is the procedure to recover mobile from GRP. I have lodge complaint in surat RPF. so after some day they called me and told that they have found …

Read More

sir i have got divorce in last month in mutually consent but i have transfer so much amt in my husband and father in love ac i have a ac statement. so…

Read More

Based on the above info pl let me know 1.If I have a case The party is in Bangalore. I live in Delhi permanently My account is in Delhi. I have an acc…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue