Procedure to recover amount back from person not returning the same

A person has taken around 3 lakh from me and now he he not returning my money what can I do to get back my money. I have bank statement also.

Answers (2)

53 votes

First you issue a demand notice through your advocate for concern person and after that you will file a civil recovery suit against him. Or if you have any instrument/cheque from that person you will file a complaint under sec 138 NI Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

247 votes

Civil Action is to file recovery suit before Civil Judge.
Criminal Action is to file FIR under section 420 IPC at relevant police station. Also attach bank statement in as evidence in both civil and criminal actions.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles