Money lender harassing by charging high rate and filing court case

Borrowed 70,000 in year Feb 2014, at 2.5% interest rate, from financer in Phagwara. He took 2 signed blank cheques and some signed empty forms from girl. She made 40,000 payment monthly in about a year (no proof). After that couldn't pay him, and financer took her to court. The case is for 1 lakh plus (based on empty signed cheque), at 5% interest rate, and another cheque for 2 lakhs She went with elders to talk to financer, but he said 2.5 lakhs needed within 5 days to take back the case. She couldn't pay. She has no income, a drunk worthless husband and 6 year old daughter. What can she do?

Answers (3)

189 votes

dear client, if you have any written detail of agreement of february 2014 with financier. you can save yourself definitely. if not you are totally helpless in this case. But there is also a hope that if you can show me all the documents including copy of case. I can help you definitely.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

143 votes

Girl should file application before police authorities and should have sought for their intervention. The financiers have good case as they havr your signed documents admitting payment/loan and repayment. On other hand you have no proof of making payments as part repayments. Cheque case needed to be fought very cautiousely and efficiently. You too should file a civil case seeking rendition of accounts.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
326 votes your case matter is pending in court in this situation you have to contest your case where you can prove in court that the amount is not legaly recoverable and cheque in question were given for should also file complaint to concerned S.S.P. regarding the misusing of cheque against the financer.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles