Loaned money to friend not returning now

Seeking help to recover loaned money.

Answers (3)

170 votes

breif facts of the case not sent how can we suggest you without knowing the fact , you first inform us what is the transaction why lended money is there any document regarding that transaction, provide the same or call to me

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

71 votes

When you give loan as per law should take any Surity or on demand draft or agreement on this basis you have chance to file recovery suit against them ..without any evidence con't be file or witness is must

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
286 votes

In the event you have a cheque issued to you by the debtor, you can present it with the Bank. If the Cheque is returned for insufficient funds, you can issue a notice under the Negotiable Instruments Act.

If you do not have a cheque, you will have to first issue a notice seeking recovery of amount that you have loaned, and if he/she does not repay the amount to you, you can file a suit for recovery.

You should consult a lawyer with the details at earliest.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello Lawyer Sir, Last year I helped a friend with securing loan through me for one event contract of govt. This loan was at very higher rate of inter…

Read More

In education loan bank is charging compound interest monthly basis instead simple interest annually. can we challenge. Repayment period restricted to …

Read More

i have taken vehicle loan from Centeral Bank. Due to financial problem could not pay and have 4 to 4 outstanding payments. a NP has been issued. i hav…

Read More

I gave some amount to my ex colleague in last company 2 years ago He promised to return it back but now he just escaped and not in touch. how can I ta…

Read More