Legal Remedy in case clients not paying their bill

I'm a distributor in South delhi I have a couple of clients who are way past their due date and are still not paying their due amount and doesn't look like would any time in the future what are my options is their any way to get them to pay without suing. Have tried everything bills amount from 2500 to 40000.

Answers (4)

132 votes

You have an option to file recovery suits against them, however, it is highly recommended that you should hire an advocate who shall send out demand notices to your clients. There are bright chances that they clear your bills after being in receipt on such notices.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

273 votes

You meet and negotiate with them personeely and try to give attention towards you .
you can call them for concilattion /mediation to settle amount due.
You can send due amount notice on your letter head to clear dues or you can send them legal notice for recovery of amount on advocate letter head.Please consult local lawyer for the same.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
209 votes

Issue legal notice through an advocate to your clients demanding them to pay your bills due amount within 15 days from the receipt of your legal notice and also annex along with legal notice copies of biils raised. If your clients still don't pay or respond to your legal notice then file Suit for Recovery against them and you should file case for recovery before expiration of period of three years from the date of bills as after that you will be barred by limitation law from raising any demand in relation to those bills.

344 votes


If you are not willing to sue your clients, you can get them issued with a legal notice. Issuance of legal notice is a sort of a warning given to a person to make a person do something which he/she denies to do. By issuing Legal Notice you can warn your clients to clear your dues within a given specific period of time or else they can be dragged to court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles