Lease rent agreement issue. Deposit didn't refunded by owner

In Recovery Law
This is a matter related to lease rent agreement. Even though i have vacated my flat, owner didnt provided my deposit back. How can i move legally

Answers (3)

80 votes

send him a legal notice initially and then if the deposit amount is bigger u can proceed to the court seeking recovery of the deposit amount and also u can seek compensation for mental harassment from the owner

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

129 votes

You can file a Money Recovery Suit or Summary Suit in Civil Court to recover your Deposit back with Interest. I will first send a Legal Notice on your behalf to recover the money. If you will not get back, litigation is the only option.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
213 votes

Issue him a notice for with holding of your deposit money. As per the agreement the time when you vacate the flat which is not the lock in period the landlord has to return the deposit money back to the tenant

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles