I think guy has cheated me (case of fraud)

I have given a person 8 lakhs rupees fr an investment which has to made in his own. and he took up the responsibility of the money.Its been one and a half year now he says he has suffered a huge loss and wont be able to pay back the money wht should i do. My main motive is to get the money back bezause m in a great trouble bcz in the coming niv my sis marriage is planned. And i dnt have money. Please suggest me wht shud i do.

Answers (2)

209 votes

very very difficult situation..

did he executed any document or writing at the time of taking money and whether he has given any written acknowledgement of the payment and what are the proofs of the payment - by cheque or cash or DD ??

depending on all such facts, you can either file money recovery suit

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

231 votes

You have not given the details of the payment like whether payment was made in cash or by cheque. Further it is also not informed whether you have taken any cheque from him by way of security or is there any written memorandum or otherwise.
However you can proceed with the money suit for recovery of amount given by you and before filling such suit you can send him a demand notice.
If you have valid cheque issued by him immediately deposit the same even though same is going to dishonour and then you can initiate criminal action too.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles