How to Recover fixed deposit amount from defaulter Company.

The Unitech Limited offered 12.5% of cumulative interest for 3 years of fixed deposit. They start defaulting the principal & interest amount to the investors on maturity. The company approached to NCLT Delhi Bench u/s 72(2) company act 2013 for extension of time but NCLT refused to extend the time limit in final order dt.4 July 2016 (, The investors also approached NCLT u/s 73(4) & got the final order dt.6 Oct 2016 ( The Company approached NCLAT against the NCLT above order Dt.4/07/2016. The NCLAT also refuse to extend the time & pronounce the final Judgement ( The company still not ready to pay. What is the course of action left for investors out of Delhi . Tx

Answers (2)

80 votes

If NLCT has given a decree in your favour u can claim the amount from Unitech by filing the execution in concerned court. Orders posted by u are not possible to open and read. If further query u can contact

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

145 votes

NCLAT has powers to review it's Order and modify it.
After the order of NCLAT, the option available is to go to Supreme Court.
Supreme Court is the Apex Court to hear appeals arising out of Orders from NCLAT.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles