Dispute with the creditor over non documented money

We have a dispute with a creditor. He supplied material worth approx. Rs. 20lakh in 2013 on chalan basis but did not raise a bill for the same (out of books). We paid him in cash(no proof) periodically in subsequent years. Meanwhile, he was our regular supplier with whom with did majority business in white as well till 2015. Our accounts as per books were settled in 2013. As of today, we have an advance of Rs. 1.5 lakh given to him standing in our books since 2015. We stopped doing business with him since the end of 2015. Now, he has double-crossed us. He is threatening us to pay Rs. 20 Lakh + Interest on the unbilled amount. He says he has the signed 'delivery challans' & 2 emails that he sent on our email id mentioning the materials, quantity with challan numbers. He has been sending us various texts demanding that money for 6 months. We were advised not to reply to the text messages. Kindly advise on what cases can he file against us, how strong is his case & what remedies available?

Answers (5)

112 votes

You have to show the messages raising demands, your books of accounts and the copy of challans as well. Only after going through the said documents, it can be ascertained as to what action can be taken by him and what you should do prior and after his actions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

118 votes

Salutations Sir, Just read your query. We at Mittal Law Offices deal with these type of cases. We will get back to you on your contact details to have an elaborate discussion and offer all possible help from our side.Kindly wait for our call. Thanks.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
137 votes

yours is a complicated matter and you are advised to contact one reputed lawyer from the database of lawrato to get proper advise. without going through the relevant docs, it will be difficult to advise perfectly.

he can file suit for recovery against you.
for any information, you can call/mail me.

275 votes

In your case you have to state that all business was done in cash and against the delivery challans and deposit of Rs. 1,50, 000/- is still standing in his books of accounts as an advance, hence request him to refund the deposit at the earliest.

270 votes

We need to see the papers and then guide.
There are a number of litigatons civil as well as criminal which can be filed . Unless the exact dates of those challans and outstanding amounts are seen, can't guide u

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles