college asking to pay balance fee of 3 yrs if i leave during 1st year

I got admission to an engineering college and am in the 1st year wherein I got admission to a better college. Now my original documents are with the college and they are asking me to pay them the balance fee of 3 years in case i need to leave the college and they are refusing to return my original documents. What can I do?

Answers (2)

287 votes

what are the contents of your admission form please provide with the same. Any such condition and stipulation imposed by the college authorities while taking admission? Imposing any such condition is not legal and you may seek necessary orders from proper forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

191 votes

you need to file police complaint of forcible extortion and blackmailing and threats against the college management as well as file complaint with the University as well ass the Education Department !

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles