bank sent notice to settle credit card bill what to do.

In Recovery Law
Hi I was using a credit card issued by HDFC Bank with a credit limit of 20000. And due to some financial crisis I am unable to pay the amount. I have received an conciliation notice from the bank. Wherein ,they have mentioned date and time to visit. I want to know what should I do in this case, as I have tried to get it sorted by the as well but have not received any response from the bank. Bank is asking to pay amount of 24300. And I am not able to pay the amount in full. Need urgent help.

Answers (3)

88 votes

You have 2 options. Either go for the meeting and request for more time to clear your dues, or send a reply to the notice. If you wish to send a reply to the notice, let me know. Either way you have to request for more time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

143 votes

if you have received the notice then go to the lace mentioned in the notice and it is not a huge amount you just tell them that you are unable to pay the entire due amount in one shot, hopefully the bank people will take the entire due amount in installment. otherwise your cibil score will get affected by it.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
161 votes

Hello their are certain provisions in banking laws related credit card cases. If the respective officer from had send you the notice, then you need no to worry, by negotiation it can be sorted out with them. Kindly, show me requisite documents related to said issue as early as possible.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles