Bank recovery agents harassing for Loan against Property

I took a loan from Chola Mandlam of Rs.80 lakhs @13.80% 180EMIs of Rs105467 each in May 2013. I already paid 34EMIs regularly but I am unable to pay the EMI from June 2016 as I am not well and right now, also I had a heavy loss in business. Bank people warned me and I asked them to give me some time but they refused. They continuously call me and usually arrives at my place, they also use abusive words and are pressuring me by doing all this misbehave. I also complained about this in Shahdara PS. But they are not understanding my problem. 

Answers (3)

253 votes

The bank can take legal action as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the Loan Agreement but can not resort to threatening tactics. If the complaint to the police station has not cast any effect, then you may file a complaint to the higher authorities.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

Sir, you may file a criminal complaint against the bank recovery officers if they continue to harass you and if no action is taken please approach the courts for appropriate action. The bank can only initiate recovery proceedings under the sarfaesi act where borrowers default in repayment of loan

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
313 votes

For instant help, you may dial at 100 number whenever the bank people come and abuse or threaten you. Since, you have already filed police complaint, you can file a complaint case in the Court of Metropolitan Magistrate as the act of bank officials constitute offence for which they are liable for criminal trial and punishment. I think your problem will be eased out by doing this. Simultaniously, you are immediately required to consult a lawyer who would guide you to take appropriate steps to defend you before the DRT if the proceedings are initiated by the bank.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles