A Reputed SRD Builder not paying outstanding Bills since 1Yr 8Months

I m a self employed , supplying Printing n Corporate Gifts articles working from home under 2 names . I supplied goods worth Rs.2,27,800/ to a SRD Builder, in Jan 2014. Till now he has not paid any Bill despite repeated followups. He avoide meeting personally n dont answer phone calls. The only interaction is thru SMS in which he made excuses everytime like-"IT Deptt sealed Bank A/cs", "Father admitted in ICU", "Dubai cheque not cleared due to RBI guidelines, will clear your bills on 1st instant " I have all duplicate Bills n Challans duly recd. by his staff. Pl advise what to do.

Answers (3)

131 votes

I think you should issue the legal notice to said builder and ask to comply as per terms of agreement as agreed by and between the parties and further demand the amount together with interest. later on you can file suit for recovery of amount against him claiming with interest .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

215 votes

Firstly you immediately send legal notice through an advocate and if in spite of said notice builder fails to pay the amount due you file civil suit for recovery and its better if you take steps and actions early as limitation has already been started

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
149 votes

please issue legal demand notice immediately through an advocate.

if you do not initiate the legal demands and recovery then it will be difficult to recover your dues as the party is not serious and honest enough to care for returning your money for the good supplied.

Once you send legal demand notice through an advocate, immediately file civil suit for recovery as the other side is keen not to return money !

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles