Will sons have equal right on fathers property

Hii...my father in law has 3 sons...my husband is first son....my father in law wantedly discriminates between sons and didnt give any property to my husband....can we file a case on him for property?? We have a son...can we make a case filed on grandfather by our son(minor)... My father in law is still alive

Answers (3)

175 votes

In the instance, if the property is self acquired then at his wish to distribute to any one.
If the property is ancestors then all the legal heir's will get equal share.
Accordingly Property will be divided

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

224 votes

you can not file case on him for your share in the property when he is alive.
if the property is self acquired by your father in law he can give his property according to his wish and will.
sons and grandsons can't have any share in the property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
88 votes

after the amendment of hindu succession act, the self acquired property of the father in law will devolve on his legal heirs(wife, son and daughter) in absence of any Will or Gift). Grand son's will not have any share of property when Son is alive.
However to complicate things rather than giving up easily, you can claim that the properties are ancestral or acquired through funds generated from ancestral properties and file a case. Filing a case will only get the parties to the negotiating table.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles