×

Will daughter get share in fathers property after his death

Hi , My father in law left us jul-17 .He left 4 daughters and wife.He has one house in his name and one is in the name of my mother-in-law .Also mother-in-law got a good amount 30lac+ from bank account, LIC policies , Mututal funds etc. Currently my wife has no good relation with his mother.Please help what is her rights and which property she has rights. Father in law left no will . I think we have right in the house which is in father-in-law name . i am afraid that mother and rest daughters can sell that . also mother in law is selling the house which is in her name . please help how can we proceed to get our right .

After 2005,every daughter has right in her parents property,she will be equally entitled to equal share and proportion of that property as that of a son .As per section 6 of the Hindu succession act,she will succeed.

yes
daughter have right in his father property .
if there is no any will .
so file a declatary suit in civil court for her share and also file mutation proceedings in concern authority so you can get entered in mutation

In the above-mentioned queries , aapke father k Naam Jo bhi urban area me property hai. Us sab me Charo betiyon or aapki mother in law ka share Banega. Betiyon ka Barabar ka share hoga. Agar aapko is baat ki aashanka hai ki baki 3 betiyan or ma milkar father ki property Ko dispose off kar dengi to is stithi me aapko apni wife ki taraf se suit for partition file karna hoga.