What will be the share of the wives children in husbands property

04-May-2023 (In Property Law)
My father has two wives. First wife doesnt has any child and my mom has 3 children me., and my other two brothers. Due to personal issues my father wants to sell a part of the land and she doesn't want it happen and is making fake charges on him. I just wanna know what amount of right she has in this matter? And who all will be receiving the share?

Answer #1
Who is the second wife? Your mother or your step mother? If your mother is second wife and your father married with her, then there will be issue. Therefore contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all facts and act accordingly as per his advise
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Wife has no legal right over husband's property.she can only claim maintenance from husband and to that extent ,she has lien over husband's property.with regard to share of sons, if the property is self acquired, then sons or anybody else have no share in that property.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
First you will have to ascertain as what is the status of your mom, as Hindu Law does not permit for second marriage, during life time of first wife. Is this the position, your mom is only entitled for maintenance and not share. But you all brothers are entitled for one share each, along with your first mom and father
Helpful? LawRato LawRato