What is the procedure to follow if property is in India

Hello. My father has passed away in Toronto and had property in Delhi. I was wondering what the process is if I wanted to sell or what the process may be otherwise

Answers (4)

130 votes

Ok so now u have to take court order or order of succession from court as per jurisdiction we have to see who are the legal heirs and on who's name property is registered under and what is the office of property where ot has been registered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

229 votes

This is very simple Procedure, you need to have property papers with you. For doing so. A property agent may do these things for you.
But you have to mutated that property in your name after that you may sell your property anytime

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
105 votes

Their are few question which need answers. Wether the property of your father was a ancestral property or a self acquired property?If the Property is ancestral then how many brothers and sisters your father have?All brothers and sisters are co owners and need to give no objection to sale the property.If its a self acquired property then you and your brothers and sister and your mother need to give no objection certificate to sale the property.All the persons have to be present in delhi for sale of property.

175 votes

yes you can come to India and sell it to whom so ever you want or else you can get a power of attorney issued who can sell it on your behalf.But, first of all you send me nature of the property. For further information you can contact me.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles