Transfer of freehold DDA flat inherited via unregistered Will

In Property Law
I am 90 years old Hindu. My nephew ( son of my only brother & my only other sibling ) left an unregistered will in which he bequeathed a freehold flat to me in a cooperative housing society in Delhi. The flat was transferred to freehold by DDA and conveyance was done during the lifetime of my nephew. He also nominated me in the society and Society shares are already transferred in my name I want to sell this flat but the buyer's lender wanted a registered will or Title transferred in my name, I am the only survivor in my family as My nephew and his other two siblings expired and we all unmarried. This fact is mentioned is also mentioned his will. How can i get the title transfer to my name to sell this flat? Please advise and oblige

Answers (5)

166 votes

You can get the property mutated in your name on the basis of the unregistered will only. You just need to visit the registry department and seek appointment and on that day you need to take the original copy of the will along with you to get the property mutated in your name.

For any further legal assistance please feel free to contact

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

338 votes

i will have to go through all the documents that were executed in your favour including the unregistered will.
only after going through the documents will I be able to guide you in a more efficient manner.
for further queries please feel free to contact

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
161 votes

Will can be registered even after the death of the testator so you can get the Will registered and thereafter can move to DDA authorities for mutation of the property on your name. For any further legal assistance please feel free to contact


346 votes

hello client as i can see your issue ia seems yo be very much genuine issue in this matter the tuttle can be trabaphered to you name buy it need to be done by the court tht is the only way we can do it . to get tgw tittle tranaphwrws to you name.

331 votes

You need to get probate on this WILL from the concerned court … after getting probate you can get the property mutated under your name from
concerned sub-Registar office ….
It might take an year to get probate from the court n u also need to pay court fee too ..
Thanks n b in touch

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles