Stop land registration by sending legal notice to sub registrar

Sir, we purchased a land by a written sale deed , paid some advance amount to them.but they misguided that without having road , told me that there is a road before sale we stopped payable amount.then they sold the same land to third party without returning my amount.hence we given public notice to press.but they ready to register to third party. Can we stop registration by sending notice to the sub registrar? What step can we take? Plz help

Answers (3)

236 votes

Hai please do serve a legal notice by an advocate asking to execute a registered sale deed if you intend to continue the transaction as per the sale agreement.However in case if you need the advance/ token/ earnest amount, paid by you, do serve a legal notice by an advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

155 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

Cant stop registration of sale deed by sending legal notice to the Sub Registrar , you have to file the case for specific performance along with the injunction petition to stop registration of the said property , if you have all documents then court will granted stay on registration of the said property to the third party on the same day of filing of the suit.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
213 votes

Firstly as you have entered into agreement for the purchase of the land if you have it in written then you can file a case for the registration of land with removing the objections as agreed or if you can proceed for return of the money. You can register the objections with registrar and you can get any order from the court also. Call us through the website for further assistance.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles