Step sister claiming for share in the property of the father

Sir hmare father 2 shadi kiye hai...jisme se first wife ki death ho Chuki hai ...aur unse Ek bete k hai ...aur dusri wife se 3 bete phle wife se 1 bete hai wo pita ki property me 1/2 hissa mang rhe hai....aur dawedari kr rhe hai.....qaa ye baat shi unka 1/2 ka adhikar hai

Answers (3)

306 votes

Father ki property m sab ka barabar ka adhikar hota h agar father ne koi will na ki ho. She will get her share accordingly. And if she claims her rights then you may contest the case and avail your rights.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

307 votes

Dear client,
As per the Hindu succession act your step sister has every right on her father 's ancestral property. But she can not claim father self acquired property during his life time. If your father dies with out making a will his childrens from first wife and second wife will succeed to his property in equal proportion.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
170 votes

sab bachhon kaa samaan adhikaar hoga father ki property par. Chaaron bacche hain to chaaron bachhon kaa baraabar baraabar hissa hoga property me. is baat se fark nahin padtaa ki ek beta first wife se hai aur teen bachhe second wife se hain.
kul mila ke 4 bachhe hain to 4 hisse honge.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles