Registration of property without power of attorney

My mother owns a house at East Uttam Nagar, New Delhi.Earlier Instead of Registry Power of attorney used to be done but now she intends to get the house registered in her name.Please advise as to how the same can be done?

Answers (3)

125 votes

So registration through power of attorney was stopped by Supreme Court . Is it a freehold or lesehold property? Is the dda or l&do the concerned authority. A couple of more things have to be seen . One way is also to get it mutates. Plz contact for further advise

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

209 votes

you need to show the sale again and get noc from your seller again and produce the same before the sub-registrar of your area. Moreover, you should know POA in its nature is revokable. IT has certain limitations as to transfer of rights.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
99 votes

You can register the same documents if you have notarised GPA and agreement to sell as you become the owner of the property by agreement to sell. For further you can contact me I also live and work in Uttam Nagar

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Our ancestral property is held by my father's elder brother. He wants to execute a general power of attorney in his son's name. My father pass…

Read More

My friend has a property in Russia, Irkutsk, she's a native Russian but currently residing in Mumbai on a tourist visa, she's selling her Irku…

Read More

My father purchased the site from a person AA in 1995 by GPA.GPA is registered and gives right for my father to sell and enjoy as wanted by my father.…

Read More

We are 4 brother. I stay separate from my family. The property of father is on power of attorney. If i want share in that property, can i get share? T…

Read More