Procedure to enter sale deed and plot details in SRO records

We have purchased a plot in 1985. When applied for an EC of that plot now we got a reply from SRO stating that "details of the documents not found in the records". What is the procedure for the sale deed we are possessing has to be entered in the SRO's records which are not entered at the time of registration.

Answers (3)

162 votes

Whether your sale deed is registered or not. If it is registered only you can get EC. Even it is registered and not entered in SRO records you put an application before regitrar that enter in to record along with photo copy of sale deed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

153 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

If original deed in your custody then you have to file case against the SRO to seek direction from the court to SRO furnish the record before the court. if there is no record will be present then court will declared you as lawful owner based on your documents.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
127 votes

You have to make an application to the concerned SRO by enclosing the photostat copy of your sale deed (the reverse side of the First Page in which the particulars of document number, page number etc.), then the SRO make an inquiry and furnish the result as to how the details not found in the records. When a sale deed got registered, it is the duty of the officials to record in a book and mention the same on the reverse side of the first page with Book No, Volume No and page numbers where the registration recorded.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles