quesParent died can the house be sold or lease without consent of others

A parent died leaving behind 6 children ( 4 daughters and 2 sons ) Can a land or house be leased on rent, or sold or constructed without the consent of anyone of them?

  • ansIf the land belonged to the parent, on his death, all the legal heirs became the owners. Therefore without the consent of all of them a valid transfer (lease, or sale etc) cannot be done. The right of he legal heirs in the property is determined by the personal law applicable to the parent.

    Advocate Nelson Joseph

      Pallimukku, Kochi

  • ansThe query is deficient in material facts. It appears that the property belonged to the dead person and he had died intestate (i.e. without leaving Will). If so, the property is jointly vested in the spouse and the children. Any transaction should necessarily involve all the joint holders.

    Advocate P Venu

      Kottayam District, Vaikom

  • ansAfter the death of farther or mother both of them then the class one heirs are the owners of the property by way of succession if they are belongs to Hindu religion. For vegging a correct replay need more things about religion,the property is in whos name? etc/..

    Advocate Ajay NS

      North Paravur, Kochi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

we are two family, our house give for development to a developer ,we have Registers…
I am staying with my mother from 16 to 17 yrs and take care of…
Hi, I had booked a flat in Sunworld Arista in Oct'14 under 2 yr subvention…

Hi, I am planning to purchase a plot near chandapura, whose property type is "11b"…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly