Neighbour encroached land wants to claim it back

respected sir. my neighbor occupied 1.5 feet of my land but in the beginning we left it because of soft thought about neighbour but it leads to unnecessary conflicts between us becuase impolite and rude neibour . so we are now serious to get the encroached land back but in a manner witch take less time and money .And my actual questin what does it require i want appy it my mom's name as applicant because my dad is passed away and property is in dad's name and we have family member's certificate mention us as his family members. is that enough to proceed please suggest the best and easy way to solve this problem . thanking you . M.Manjunath

Answers (3)

212 votes

As successors or legal heirs your entitled to file a suit against you neighbour under declaration,possession,mandatory injunction in the court of law and if possible apply for Advocate commissioner also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

As i have perused your grievance firstly it is very clear that you are enough to proceed the case. As you mentioned that you are the legal heirs of the property owner and you can file the case on your mother as a plaintiff/petitioner .
For further any query contact personally.
Thanking you.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
82 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN, Advocate, From : Hyderabad @

Yes family members can file case, You have to file suit for recovery of possession of 1.5 feet of land and petition for injunction against your neighbor to restrain him from trespass in your property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles