My grandmother wants to sell half of the property without consent

My grandmother wants to sell the property without the consent of my father who is elder my father dont wanted to approach legally can i put a case being the gramd daughter who is minor is this possible i immediately wanyed to stop the sale of property

Answers (3)

275 votes

Your grand mother cannot sell the undivided property of her share with out your consent. If your father not willing to file a case you are at liberty to file a case to stop the sale with adding your father as proper party

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

93 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

If the Property is self acquired by your Grandmother then cant claim share, if the property acquired by grandmother from your grandfather or their ancestors then minor grand daughter can file then case but their guardian will represent the case before the court. If you have tenable grounds the court will be granted ad interim injunction to stop sale of the property on the same day of filing of the case. For more details kindly consult me through this website.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
310 votes

Firstly please clarify if the property belongs in whose name and it is your father who can file a case not you. Try to convince your father if to stop the property from sale as you being a minor you cannot approach legally, or your father may give a GPA to your mother . Call us through the website for further assistance.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles