Legal remedy for partition of grandfather's land

want to divide my grandfather land but relatives not agree

Answers (3)

263 votes

you have to file a partition suit in the court having jurisdiction over the property in question. you need to make all the legal heirs party in the said suit and it will be a time taking procedure if all the legal heirs dont agree for partition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

54 votes

Opinion to Legal query can not be given on this one sentence statement.If you are serious about the property , Set out the property status in clear terms.It would be beneficial for you to have a legal conference with a legal person . For further instructions contact lawRato.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
174 votes

If the co-sharer are not ready to make division/partition of the land left by the predecessor of yours, then you send a notice to demarcate and partition your property share in the undivided property. You must send notice to all and every co-sharer and ask them to answer within a stipulated time.
If any or all did not agree for the partition then file partition suit in the Ld. court .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir we have property on my fathers name which is obtained from grandfather .now father is ready to sell the property but we won't it and how to ge…

Read More

We are 5 brothers, my younger brother is operating his business and staying in the residence in our ancestrol property. I bought a shop in his name 16…

Read More

My mother's are 2 sister and 3 brothers, her mom had died last year and she's having an immovable property which is given to her by his father…

Read More

sir ,meri dada ,prdada ki property hai..kya mere father bina apne ladko ki margi se property sell kr sakte hai ya kisi dusare person ko transfer kr sa…

Read More