Legal remedy against stay order for construction of private property

i am constructing my house but my neighbor sent a stay order to my wife , and they blackmail to her and my other family members, they says that if you will not exchange your other piece of land with my this land of piece then you cant build your they took signature on the document for the exchange. right now i am out of my country , kindly advice me what to do to refuse that agreement signed by my wife and other family member.

Answers (3)

First u have to tell me that who is owner of that property which is under construction n who is owner of the exchanged land ,after that any of us are able to guide u about ur case as well as about the future steps u have to take

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you have not raised any illegal construction or if you are constructing with prior permission of the local authority of your area than you should contest the stay order by filing reply to the same and show to the court that your neighbor with an ill intention had initiated all these proceedings and the same are liable to be quashed and set aside. Even if they took your wife's signatures on the document of exchange, you can go for the cancellation and declaration suit regarding that exchange document

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience

First of all without giving full details and documents no legal advise can be given. As per your question if you are owner of the property then nobody can sign on your behalf. Finally nobody can pressurize you and your family for signature on account of stay order of court. Problem may be something different. Contact us for more details.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I am living in delhi and my parents in Rajkot, Gujarat. My Parents are both alive and so are my Two brothers. My father transferred his property to my…

Read More

me and my husband purchased flat jointly, he passed away two years back and builder is asking for affidavit cum indemnity bond to give possession.i ha…

Read More

My father in law has 2 daughters and my wife is younger and he has one land property it's present cost is one crore before marriage he promised he…

Read More

I am 72 yrs staying alone after my husbands death since 25 years i a flat in mumbai held in the names of my 2 elder sons out of which one is dead i an…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue