How to withdraw property case

What are the procedures to withdraw a property case ?

Answers (3)

165 votes

Since your query is not specific, there might be two situations possible.

In the event both the parties have arrived at a compromise and one of them is willing to withdraw the case, then such party has to file an advance hearing of the case along with a joint memo of compromise for the purpose of such terms of compromise forming part of the compromise decree to be ultimately passed by the court.

In the second situation, if the plaintiff/the person who has filed the suit either wants to withdraw the suit or abandon part of his claim, he can file a memo of withdrawal under order 23 rule 1 CPC.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

250 votes

Procedure to withdraw a property case is as simple as filing an Memo/Affidavit before the Court in which the case is pending, stating that you want to withdraw the case filed by you by mentioning the terms of settlement if any.
If the case is against you, then you cannot withdraw the case.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
108 votes

Property case means suit or any other means of property case? If suit related to partition or title suit? If any of the suit is panding before court you may file a petition for withdrawal must submit the cause of withdrawal.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles