How can a home loan be transferred from one name to another

There is loan from bank for a home. Loan is in name of my father but he is no more now now so we ant to get laon transfer to my mother's name. What is the leaflet procedure for that is succession certificate required

Answers (3)

137 votes

if loan is only your father name then you have to submit some necessary document which your bank wants. succession is not required in this case. The bank wil transfer loan amount in your mother name as you want.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes

For transferring ownership name a succession suit is to be filed before Civil Judge and the procedure will take minimum 3 months to obtain certificate in form of judgement. Then you may apply to the builder and bank for changing name of loan taker to your mother.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
213 votes

Yes for that case first you need to get issued a Varisan Certificate not succession from tehsildar of that jurisdiction where you belongs than afterwards you can submit the copy of that letter to the bank that yes you are the legal hire of the person died. Rest, you can contact me for the details and we are a law firm and we will get a Warisan Issued in your mothers name within 20days.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles