×

Grandfather wants to cancel gift deed made on mother-in-law name

Father in law is getting 2nd marriage, n his daughter also encourage him, that's why my husband n his grandfather who gifted the property my mother in law, wants gift deed cancel, n prepare new deed, how is it possible ?? Hindu law

it is not possible to answer or provide a better advice to you with the information provided by you. generally to cancel a deed of gift, a cancellation deed is prepared. in order to gift the same property to another person, only a new gift deed has to be prepared. it is recommended to you to have a face to face interaction to serve you better regarding the same.

A property once lawfully gifted can not be taken back , if condition(s) precedence are violated (if at all imposed) by the beneficiary.Still legal documents concerning to gifted property is to be perused thoroughly before suggesting any legal course of action.Should you require further legal advice contact lawRato.

The deed of gift if registered, cannot be revoked at the instance of the donor immediately. The donor has/have to file a suit challenging the said deed of gift on the ground of either misrepresentation or fraud or coercion or undue influence or mistake in other words he/they shall have to portray a case before the Court that the gift was not done on his/their free consent(s), if that is proved before the Civil Court, the deed of gift can be declared to be invalid and inoperative. All the best. Regards

First of all make it clear whether the gift deed is a registered one or not. If its a registered gift deed it couldn't be cancelled. For further queries you need to consult personally along with all the papers.