Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Grandfather wants to cancel gift deed made on mother-in-law name

Father in law is getting 2nd marriage, n his daughter also encourage him, that's why my husband n his grandfather who gifted the property my mother in law, wants gift deed cancel, n prepare new deed, how is it possible ?? Hindu law

Answers (4)

it is not possible to answer or provide a better advice to you with the information provided by you. generally to cancel a deed of gift, a cancellation deed is prepared. in order to gift the same property to another person, only a new gift deed has to be prepared. it is recommended to you to have a face to face interaction to serve you better regarding the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

A property once lawfully gifted can not be taken back , if condition(s) precedence are violated (if at all imposed) by the beneficiary.Still legal documents concerning to gifted property is to be perused thoroughly before suggesting any legal course of action.Should you require further legal advice contact lawRato.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience

The deed of gift if registered, cannot be revoked at the instance of the donor immediately. The donor has/have to file a suit challenging the said deed of gift on the ground of either misrepresentation or fraud or coercion or undue influence or mistake in other words he/they shall have to portray a case before the Court that the gift was not done on his/their free consent(s), if that is proved before the Civil Court, the deed of gift can be declared to be invalid and inoperative. All the best. Regards

First of all make it clear whether the gift deed is a registered one or not. If its a registered gift deed it couldn't be cancelled. For further queries you need to consult personally along with all the papers.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3499
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6000
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Mr. A executed a gift deed gifting immovable property in Mumbai to his son in 2016. The gift deed was not registered and the premises has not been tra…

Read More

Hi Sir/Madam, My father had bought a property in 1987 which was not registered and had Done GP on his name which says he has all rights eg: to sell, c…

Read More

Sir now iam married so my step mother is not allowed me to come home because of rude behaviour I to not going home but I want my rights in my father p…

Read More

Recently 3 months back my father died of illness 69Y. father got two marriages and lived with both of them until first wife dead.After that he was liv…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue