Grandfather died interstate want to do property division

27-Mar-2023 (In Property Law)
My Grandfather were three brothers who had agriculture land in their joint names passed on through generations. name of all their children are updated in the property documents. After passing away of all three grandfathers the property is supposed to be divided in the children of respective grandfather. the children of other two grandfathers are not agreeing to the division. Kindly advise on the course of action we have to follow for division of three equal share.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
596 votes
Dear Concerned, this is a neat matter , you need to file a partition suit on the basis of family heir basis - these brothers of your may object but the partition will be done in accordance to the law as this is an agricultural land and hence you will not have any issue.

Best of luck
Answer #2
512 votes
जब आपके सहखातेदार आपसे बंटवारा कराने में हीला हवाली कर रहे हैं तो आपके लिए सर्वोत्तम उपाय है।अपने हिस्से के बंटवारे का मुकदमा सक्षम न्यायालय में दाखिल कीजिए। आपके पूर्वजीय संपत्ति मेजो बी आपका हिस्सा होगा वो जरूर आपको मिलेगा।
Answer #3
824 votes
Court case would be the proper way to declare the shares of all the legal heirs by filling a suit for declaration of share in the said property before Concerned Civil Judge of your area where the property is situated. Nominal court fee will be required.

The other way is filling of partition suit which requires heavy court fee

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."