Division of father's self acquired property between sons & son's widow

We have a property in my father's name. Mother is expired. Recently i lost my younger brother and sister also. I have one younger brother left Both of us have our families and living separately. No will was made either by my father or mother. Property was self acquired by my father. Now how will be property get divided between my brother's widow , me and my second brother? Jweles and other things will also get divided ?

Answers (3)

194 votes

Yes it will get divided since your father had died intestate so succession would take place in the class one heirs and the widow of your brother. For the same a suit has to be filed so that you can claim your rightful share

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

315 votes

Your property and arrival will be divided into proportionate shares as go own under the Hindu Succession Act. You have many options for the division like you can approach for succession certificate or you can get legal heir inheritance from sub Registrar or can apply for a partition deed.
Further aspects and knowledge on assistance

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
161 votes

as per the new amendments made in the Succession Act, if a person dies intestate i.e., without will then the property of that person is divided among the legal heirs equally. to avoid the litigation in future please do it as per law.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles