quesDispute between Father & Son, on Son's investment in HUF Property

We are a family of 4:: Mom, Dad, Younger Sister and Son (myself).

Dad has HUF Business of - Resort & Land Dev, in Pune Mulshi area, India.

My Dad said to me -- "Give me money for business. I'll give you Interest more than Bank. I will return your money - when you need it".

Since his my Dad, on trust - I gave him Rs. 40 Lakhs in last 2 yrs -- without any written agreement.

Now, he said no to give back my money or Interest on it.

He says, "Instead of money; from my entire land -- I can make 1 acre of land on your name in Pune Mulshi area."

I don't want land. I want my money. What to do ?

  • ansSir, need to know more details such as was there any documentation to this transaction or was or oral.how did u pay the said amount to your father ....cash...cheaque...etc.
    Apart from this facts, you can definitely file civil/criminal cases for recovery of your due debts.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansDear Sir,
    I would like to inform you that you can surely initiate legal proceedings by first issuing Legal Demand Notice for repayment to your Father. If he still does not repays, then you can take the next step i.e. filing Civil Suit for Recovery of your money.
    You can file recovery suit for the money paid by you even if you do not have any specific writing or loan agreement or promissory note or any other writing in support of your payment and loan.
    I presume that this being high amount, you must have paid through Bank transfer or by cheque, hence you can surely produce all such evidences and proofs of payment and transfer from your account to your Father's Account.
    I am optimistic that once you issue Legal Demand Notice through Advocate, your Father will surely and immediately repay your money.
    Thanks and regards,

  • ansAs you dont have any proof about the transaction between you and your father it will be very difficult to prove your case if decides to file a suit against your father. Therefore you are adviced to accept the land at your price which is to be deducted from the principle amount. And for remaining amount sue him in the court. the transfere deed will be used as cogent evidence of that transaction
    In the transfer deed of the land mention about this transaction.

    Advocate Jainodin Shaikh

      Sureshdada Jain Nagar, Jalgaon

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have a commercial property in a business lane. At the beginning of the lane…
Please clarify in case of UP leasehold zila parishad land acquired by succession : 1-What…

Property was partitioned among my dad and 4 brothers Do partition suits have limitation or…

Hi my question is how a Hindu married daughter claim on her mother's property if…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly