Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Daughter rights in father's property including agricultural property

City - Baraut District - Baghpat State - U.P. West My Mother has 3 brother and a sister. My nanaji had expired in 2010 and Naniji has expired on 4 feb, 2018. My nanaji has self acquired property But after his death my 3 uncle has transfered property on their name Without taking my mother and my aunt permission Nanaji has some residential property and commercial property And also have agricultural property but uncle is selling out to developers Just wanted to know how my mother and aunt can claim their share in their father property including agriculture which is being selling out by uncle to make money

Answers (3)

As per Hindu succession act 2005, the daughters has every right to her father self acquired property after his death. If your father dies with out making a will his childrens succeed to his property in equal proportion. And if your uncle selling these property then your mother and aunty can get stay to stop your uncle for selling property and file a partition suit in competet civil court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hindu succession act , जो कि 2005 में संशोधित हुआ। उस संशोधन के अनुसार यदि 2005 के बाद पिता की मृत्यु होती है तो उसकी संपत्ति में पुत्री(शादीशुदा या कुवारी) को वही अधिकार प्राप्त होगा जो कि पुत्र को प्राप्त होगा। मा0 सर्वोच्च न्यायालय ने भी प्रकाश बनाम फूलवती वाले मामले में 2017 में यही दिशा निर्देश दिया। आपके भी मामले में यही बात है।आपके नाना नानी की संपत्ति में आपकी माँ को वही अधिकार व हैसियत प्राप्त है जो आपके मामा को।

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience

As per new succession law of Hindus all children are equally entitled for the property; now the sex bar has been removed ,both son and daughter are at par ,so your mother and mothers sister could institute a suit in competent court of law for rightful partition of the property.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6000
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3499
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I would like to obtain the answers of the following queries: (1) How can I be legal owner of the Debottar Agricultural Land which is recorded in my fa…

Read More

I am a Hindu. We are 5 brother a 1 sister,married all...we have a common building in the mothers name...out of 5 brothers,2 are living with their chil…

Read More

a co-operative bank sanctioned a personal loan against the deposit of original title deed. The borrower and one of the guarantors expire. There are fo…

Read More

Some members in our family are Foreign Nationals of India Origin having names in ancestral property. We would like to know if OCI is compulsory for th…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue