Consequences of not paying the EMI of the property in joint name

Hi, I have a 2bhk flat in joint name with my wife. I want to sell the house and not continue with the high EMI anymore. I have made all payments of the house till date including down-payment and emi. She is not letting me sell the house. I have recently filed for a divorce as well. What options n consequences do I have if I stop paying the EMIs?

You are filed a suit for divorce is your family problem.you have taken a loan For a purchase of the house. At that time u sign required documents for the loan. I think so you have to pay EMI. If you stop paying EMI bank will take legal action against you.

hello dear client, first you tell me how much you had paid till now and upto how much your balance is remaining, and if you are going for divorce then you have to mention me how much your wife is earning and were she work (means, in which profession she is). for further plz contact me.

Please approach the concerned Banking legal department to guide you in this process. They will give you leading initiatives as to what needs to be done and what are the documents that are quintessential for further actions.