Can i take my property back from my children

Behavior of my son &daughter in law is totally changed aftee resistoring property in their names.i want to take my property back

Answers (5)

258 votes

Pls explain documents executed by you if u have executed POA, you may cancel it and if have executed Will then you may cancel and it has no value until u r survive and if u have executed Sale Deed you may get it cancel by filing case of cancellation of sale deed

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

261 votes

In order to respond to the query, I would like to Know the nature of property i.e. to say is the property a self acquired property and ancestral property? Further, what was the mode of transfer of interest in the property in favor of your son and daughter ?

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
219 votes

if you have written a will you can write a new one or else you can evict them and file a suit in the court of law to take back the property lawfully and then the title will be solely in your name.....

310 votes

You may have a case under Section 23 of Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 challenging the said transfer/registration setting out case that the registration was done with the understanding that they will provide the basic amenities and basic physical needs to you and your son and daughter in law refuses or fails to provide such amenities and physical needs,

299 votes

It depends on as to what is the document through which you have transferred the property.
You can always challenge it in court on the ground of fraud, misrepresentation, undue influence etc.
If you are a senior citizen, then under the Maintenance of Senior citizens act, you can claim your right.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles