What legal action can be taken for not transferring the rc ?

14-Jun-2024 (In Motor Accident Law)
Dear sir, I have sold my two-wheeler and we didn't go legal sale deed as the purchase party promised that he would get vehicle registration transferred from my name to his name with in a week. Its been already two years, I could see the vehicle is still registered on my name . I went and spoke to that guy , he still says it will be done in a week. I'm very much apprehensive that it may land me in trouble. Please advise - what legal actions can be taken in this case. what to do if buyer does not transfer vehicle on his name ?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
692 votes
You should issue a legal notice to the buyer with a cc to Regional Transport authority and police station(where the buyer lives) to change the ownership of the vehicle.
Police station will seize the vehicle immediately as the buyer has not changed the ownership details in RTA Office.
Regional transport Authority is also empowered to seize the vehicle if police do not act.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
627 votes
You said there is no sale deed. I suggest you to firstly go an file a complaint before the concerned police station that your vehicle is lost and when an FIR is registered you take theh copy of the FIR and intimate the same to the RTO and the RTO will keep the number under block.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."