Sold bike but buyer did not transfer it to his name now FIR filed

Hi, I sold my Motercycle through a mechanic in 2008 (8 years back) to an unknown person. He got my signature on vehicle transfer form but he did not get it transferred it. I was unaware of his malafied intentions at that time and did not ask for a sale deed. Now, in 2015 someone met with an accident by the rider who was riding my sold bike. The person got some head injuries and fracture in one leg. Police has lodged an FIR against me for the same. Now , I understand that the bike is still registered on my name and I am being dragged into a case which I never did. Can some one please help me with any possible solution as I am being harassed by the Police?

Answers (3)

You might have civil liability towards the injured person if bike was not having third party insurance but you cannot be held responsible for criminal liability. for better advice you need to personally come with relevant documents then only I can advice you properly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You have any documents at the time of sold the vehicle, I want to see the same documents, if you have not any documents of sold vehicle then you please meet me for further proceedings of the case otherwise you are deaulter of some fault as ownership of vehcile,

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Where this incident happened? Could you get that CCTV footage? Any receipt or any agreement between two parties on the time of selling? Like Bank transaction or any other documents... have to prove your presence somewhere else and file case against that person.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I was holding my mobile in hand while driving bike was not talking on it. But I was Challan of Rs200/ for using mobile. My bike was taken to traffic o…

Read More

 My dad met with an major road car accident on 15th Aug'2018. Although there is no third party damage but car thrashed with divider , He was …

Read More

My grandson ( my daughter's only child)was murdered by causing motor cycle accident in Ranchi by his father and uncle as per our doubt as my daugh…

Read More

What should one do when a traffic police and not a sergeant stops me at kolkata when the fault is not mine. I was in the midway of a crossing with no …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue