Sold bike but buyer did not transfer it to his name now FIR filed

Hi, I sold my Motercycle through a mechanic in 2008 (8 years back) to an unknown person. He got my signature on vehicle transfer form but he did not get it transferred it. I was unaware of his malafied intentions at that time and did not ask for a sale deed. Now, in 2015 someone met with an accident by the rider who was riding my sold bike. The person got some head injuries and fracture in one leg. Police has lodged an FIR against me for the same. Now , I understand that the bike is still registered on my name and I am being dragged into a case which I never did. Can some one please help me with any possible solution as I am being harassed by the Police?

You might have civil liability towards the injured person if bike was not having third party insurance but you cannot be held responsible for criminal liability. for better advice you need to personally come with relevant documents then only I can advice you properly.

You have any documents at the time of sold the vehicle, I want to see the same documents, if you have not any documents of sold vehicle then you please meet me for further proceedings of the case otherwise you are deaulter of some fault as ownership of vehcile,

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Hello,
Where this incident happened? Could you get that CCTV footage? Any receipt or any agreement between two parties on the time of selling? Like Bank transaction or any other documents... have to prove your presence somewhere else and file case against that person.