Procedure to release bike confiscated by police for not paying challan

I was riding the bike of my friend. I didn't have DL and RC of the bike. traffic police seized the bike and issued a court challan in my name. now the court will impose fine on whom, on the driver i.e me or on the owner of the bike ?

Answers (3)

63 votes

court will impose challan on Owners name . produce all documents and pay challan. will be done only wuth advocate help.
hire a lawyer.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

The Hon'ble Court will impose fine over the driver not having the DL and necessary documents of the Vehicle. You just need to contact a lawyer immediately for proper handling of your case. Vehicle release order required to get back your vehicle.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
87 votes

Yes court will be impose fine and apko court jake report magani hogi thane par se aur jab report ajayegi to apke advocate ko ek application ke sath aur gadi ke orignal peppers leke aur jiske naam se gadi hai usko leke court me appear hona hoga court jinta fine lagayegi utna fine bharna padega fir usi din order hoga wo order ki copy leke apko thane jake gadi release karalenge.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles