Met with an accident young lady injured now again filling the case

Sir, in the year 2012 I met in an accident with my bike. One of the young lady was injured majorly and also case filed on me. After three 2 months of this incident, i went to court and judge has penal me Rs. 1500 under IPC 337 & 338. The victim has claimed insurance as compensation. After 6 years again I received a court notice from lokea adhalath and they mentioned as I need to attend for clear the case on 22nd of this month. Is it possible to put a case again for claim.

Answers (2)

287 votes

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge and information.

Criminal Case and Civil Case Motor Accidental Claim are two different cases and more over when the matter is coming for Lok Adalat Settlement it means your Vehicle has insurance and that insurance company is settling the matter in lok adalat. They made you the party in the same as Respondent No.1 May be. You can go and attend get the copy of the award will be useful for future reference. You can also check with the insurance company for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

136 votes

Need not worry. Once you paid fine the case is closed. You bring your paid fine receipt to the Lok adalath and show. Explain every thing. If you do not contest your case the fault is with you. Do not hesitate

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Can I file mact case against the culprit but the culprit was not caught and fled from the accident spot, the vehicle is unknown. Can a zero FIR be fil…

Read More

My car was stolen from Navi Mumbai back in 2009 for which I filed an FIR, it was later found abonded after a week in Pune. Since the FIR was file, the…

Read More

If i am holding a proper driving licence and all the papers kept in car are also valid and an accident occurs and the person dies and its not my fault…

Read More

My vehicle had a breakdown. Used authorized service to tow the vehicle. to authorized service center. They identified the cause i.e. rat bite which le…

Read More