Is it possible to file a case after 1 year of accident

Hi. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on July 04, 2017. Me, my wife, my daughter, and my brother in law were in Uber cab and were hit by another vehicle. I have not filed a case till now and wanted to know whether it is possible to file a case now?

Answers (4)

Yes you can file the case now. Only thing is when the court decides to award compensation with interest, the days from accident till the date of filling of case will be excluded since there has been a considerable delay.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Of course you can file a case now, if you have the below details.,

1.FIR copy,

2.inquest report, bills,

4.discharge summary,

6.details of injury to your wife, daughters and your brother in law,

7. RC book, driving licence of the vehicle which you travelled etc.,

contact us for filing the case...

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

In the occurence of accident after the observation made by the police officer investigation nearist SH( station house ) police will register case accordingly under sec 154 of code criminal procedure. No need to file separate case , you ll get the fir copy read.

you can file even now claiming compensation before the concerned motor accident claims tribunal for the damages caused to your personal property if any and loss sustained by you because of the injury caused in the accident and you can also claim the amount spend by you for your treatment.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

One motorcycle Yahamaha FZ had been sold to a person at Gurudaspur on promice that he will change the name within 1 month. Only a sell purchage copy h…

Read More

I am the registered owner of a two wheeler which had been sold out by me on march-2014 the trasnferee does not transferred the vehicle to his name an …

Read More

can i challenged the FIR registered against the accused by the police for not booking for criminal offence.the accused is booked only for rash and nel…

Read More

On motor bike we (cousin was riding ) hit another bike from behind as he stopped , I had knee injury and cousin loss three teeth and other party we hi…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue