Is it possible to file a case after 1 year of accident

Hi. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on July 04, 2017. Me, my wife, my daughter, and my brother in law were in Uber cab and were hit by another vehicle. I have not filed a case till now and wanted to know whether it is possible to file a case now?

Yes you can file the case now. Only thing is when the court decides to award compensation with interest, the days from accident till the date of filling of case will be excluded since there has been a considerable delay.

Of course you can file a case now, if you have the below details.,

1.FIR copy,

2.inquest report,

3.hospital bills,

4.discharge summary,

6.details of injury to your wife, daughters and your brother in law,

7. RC book, driving licence of the vehicle which you travelled etc.,

contact us for filing the case...

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli

In the occurence of accident after the observation made by the police officer investigation nearist SH( station house ) police will register case accordingly under sec 154 of code criminal procedure. No need to file separate case , you ll get the fir copy read.

you can file even now claiming compensation before the concerned motor accident claims tribunal for the damages caused to your personal property if any and loss sustained by you because of the injury caused in the accident and you can also claim the amount spend by you for your treatment.