I had an accident,vehicle was not insured that time. And vehicle is registered in the of my father. What would be the consequences if my father do not pays the proper compensation from the court.

Answers (1)

202 votes

Query perused. It is a settled law that if a vehicle involved in an accident is insured than the liability to pay the motor accident claim is on the insurance company. However in case the vehicle is not insured it would be the liability of the registered owner. In your case your father would be liable to pay what the MACT court will Order. In case your father will not pay the compensation as directed the vehicle will be sold in an auction and sale proceeds will be given to the victim. For further consultancy and legal services you may contact us.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles