FIR lodged against me for hitting a guy with my car

My car hit a guy in March which caused very minimum injury to his legs. Although I took him to hospital and they asked for Rs 7,00,000. When I denied, he lodged an FIR saying that I hit him intentionally.

I was driving a car with my learner's licence and a trained driver with valid license was sitting beside me. Please let me know how should I proceed?

Answers (1)

101 votes
Since an FIR has been registered, now you will have to fight the case in court. Do not go in for legal aid. Hire an advocate to defend your case in court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles