After refusing to pay bribe, police ceased car documents

After refusing to pay bribe, police ceased car documents and put the section 177/183 can I complaint against the police man in court. Thank you with regards

Answers (3)

51 votes

You can file a complaint a lower court which have proper jurisdiction. file a complaint case against anybody ypu have to one or two witnesses who can depose before the trial court about the incident.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

It will be better to file complain before the higher officials of Police and you can also file complaint before the Police Accountability Commission. Police Accountability Commission plays important role in controlling corruption and malpractices by the Police Officials.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
221 votes

You may lodge a F. I. R. with your local Police Station against such illegal acts of the police officer.. They will definitely help you out.. But if they do not register any case, then you have the option of filing a complaint case before the nearest judicial magistrate against the police officer.. But make sure that all of your documents (such as driving license, RC etc.) were valid and genuine at the time of the incident.. Hope this suggestion will help you.. Thanks..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles