A car hit my car while driving and when I confronted the driver he ran

19-Aug-2023 (In Motor Accident Law)
I was driving my car at night when someone hit me from the back. when I confronted the driver he was very drunk and when I tried to dial 112 to get the police and PCR.he ran away.when the police came I filed a written complaint in the police station however I want to know what else can be done because as far as I know police is not taking any action. He also took a photo of my car and said I will see you tomorrow which means he was threatening me.

Answers (2)

Answer #1
733 votes
You will have to file a complaint case in the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal which is a court room within the court premises. The (police) investigating officer (IO) will be ordered to file a Detailed Accident Report (DAR). This is how a claim suit (trial) will begin. Wrong and negligence of both the parties will be assessed and on that basis compensation will be awarded.
Answer #2
923 votes
Have you told the told about the threat in that case they have charges him with section 506 for criminal intimidation and also in the accident have you received any injury?

Feel free to contact for any further queries or assistance

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."