Medical malpractice by a doctor and psychologist

In Medical Negligence Law
Can a psychologist who is not RCI registered practice under psychiatrist? Is it legal? What if a psychologist without RCI registration working under psychiatrist misdiagnose me and ask me to take medicine and psychotherapy even after misdiagnosis and tell me lies and fools me in the name of psychotherapy? Also what if a doctor misdiagnose me to extort money? And after giving them a one star google review and narrating the story in the review section what if they deny the fact that i was their patient? Can I sue them or take actions in these cases?

Answers (2)

332 votes

To become a registered clinical psychologist in India one must have a licence from rehabilitation council of India (RCI).
You can legal action against such a person who is practicing as a clinical psychologist without registration from RCI.
Submit a complaint in writing to the nearest police station.
Attach any documents, bills, prescriptions or any other evidence along with the complaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

145 votes

you have to have some proof against them that you were there patient so as to establish doc patient relationship... once that done you can sue them in civil criminal and consumer law ... you can also complaint to medical counsel of india to check if they are genuine doctors or not ... you can also ask for compensation if their guilt duly proooved

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles