Legal action against improper medical reports

Hello I did my first sonography on 29.12.2017, and my pregnancy reports were negative in the reports. Dr gave me some medicine but due to which i had severe abdomen pain. On 01.01.2018 i consulted another dr who told me that the fallopian tube has been ruptured and that need to be operated within fifteen minutes. So i got operated too bt the previous dr and the dr who did sonography has not provided the proper reports. Wht shud i do in this case. Please guide me

Answers (3)

154 votes

....this is a clear-cut case of medical negligence. Earlier Sonography centre is responsible for deficient service and can be held liable for consequential damages, expenses. Two sonography tests have done one after another with a gap of 2/3 days only.Therefore Medical Negligence case can be instituted against the Sonography Centre and against the treating doctor if the doctor is at fault in Consumer Court of appropriate jurisdiction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

153 votes

There seems to be a medical condition which needs to be studied based on your operative notes and the sonography reports and various other diagnostic tests carried out . Also what type of medication or treatments given also needs to be studied . After going through your medical case papers of both the doctors we will be able to understand weather your case falls in the category of medicalnegligence . If it does then you have remedies to take the hospital and the doctor on legal action available to adequately compensate you along with disciplinary action on the negligent doctor . In your case if you need thorough understanding and further information please feel free to contact me.

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
330 votes

initilly you can issue legal notice to all those doctor against their mefical negligency abd ask gor compensation and ecpenses and alert them to complaint aginst their service to MCI or yu can file a case against medical negligency before District Consumer forum and ask compensation against loss what you have faced on those days .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles