What is the procedure to evict tenants?

The first floor of my premises has been currently occupied by tenants.

Now I need the premises back as my son is moving back with his family.

How do I evict my tenants?

As we understand, you require your premises back for personal use.

We recommend you send a legal notice of eviction to your tenants giving them a notice period of at least a month or as per the time period stipulated in your rent agreement asking them to hand over peaceful possession of your property.

In case they do not hand over vacant and peaceful possession of your premises on the expiry of the stipulated time, you can file a petition eviction before the Rent Controller.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers