tenants renovating the room without the knowledge of owner

Sir, We are owning a building in that there's one lawyer residing and he is renovating his office room by investing 1.5lakhs without my knowledge and he is planning to ask the amount back once he is done with that. Due to our financial situation we don't have that much money to return him, from other tenants in that building we came to know this matter. My father expired recently and if other people in my building also start doing like this then what I can do, please advise me legally, if we meet them in court so do I lose getting my rental monthly or do I need to get it from court

If the renovation is other than interior decoration or designs, then it is unlawful. If it is interior redesigning, it is done for his own needs to which he cannot claim any reimbursement because he has not taken your permission for it.
However, you may issue a legal notice advising him to not to alter the structure by carrying out the renovation work which will hamper the approved building plan itself or else he may be asked to vacate the premises for violating the rental agreement terms and conditions by such act.
If he is still adamant in proceeding with his plan, you may file an injunction suit and restraining him from carrying out the said work and also an eviction suit to vacate him for violating the terms of rental agreement.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers